1. Shock-intensive Treatment

Recommended if you have cloudy water, slime on the walls or musty smelling water. It is also recommended after an intensive cleaning. (Intensive cleaning does not guarantee that all deposits have been removed.)


In the evening, add 50 ml Lotus Clean Shock per 1000 litres of water to the whirlpool. The next morning, measure the Shock content with our test strips. It should be 0.3 to 1.5 mg/l. If it is at 0, then increase the Lotus Clean Shock amount to 70 ml and add it to the water in the evening. Measure again the next morning. If it is still 0, then increase by another 20 ml and repeat until you can measure 0.3 to 1.5 mg/l.

As soon as you can measure 0.3 to 1.5 mg/l Shock, reduce the amount of Shock added by 20 ml or more. You must now always add as much Lotus Clean Shock as you can read from 0.3 mg/l to 1.5 mg/l the following morning. Keep this level constant for 8 weeks. After that you can continue with the normal water care instructions.


You can use the whirlpool during this time, as you put the Shock in the water in the evening and the Shock concentration decreases over the night.


The background:

Deposits may have formed in the pipes. The Lotus Clean Shock will oxidize these deposits and consume them. If you keep a constant Shock quantity of 0.3 to 1.5 mg/l in the water for 8 weeks, then (according to our experience) all old deposits in the pipe walls (a normal whirlpool with approx. 50 nozzles has between 140 and 180 sqm of pipe walls) have been removed.

It may be that the deposits are too thick. You will find this out if you have increased the Lotus Clean Shock quantity considerably and after two weeks you still cannot measure 0.3 to 1.5 mg/l the next morning. In this case, please contact us. Then we must carry out an intensive basic cleaning of the pipelines.